Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blog 8 Perry's Problems

“3 Peat: Perry’s Political Problems” is the title of the article written by a fellow classmate, Natasha Ahmed. Her article is a well-written article, however, I think that it  only shows her point of view. With that being said, I think she fails to explain a few things like the silver lining. She explains it as something that he was just given when in reality I believe that he earned it.
I think Governor Rick Perry earned his way to the governorship. He has governed Texas in moments of recession and managed to make a growing economy compared to other states and even the nation’s economy. It is true that the governor has committed some errors, but name a leader that has never committed an error. Only God is perfect, every human being I know has imperfections. I think that her use of words, font and colors are well put together to make the reader understand that she cares very little about the governor.
I am a student at Texas A&M University and I consider myself a conservative, I am a member of the Corps of Cadets and a member of the Ross Volunteers, which are the honor guards of the Texas Governor. I have meet Governor Rick Perry in person and I have talked to him. I am no one to judge him, but I think he is a great person and leader. However, this is my opinion. I believe that many of the Texas citizens think like me because he has been re-elected 3 times. At the same time, I think many of Texans think like her and are ready for a change.

Whatever the case may be, I think the state is not doing so bad, and hopefully the change will make it better. With all of this I love Natasha Ahmed’s article because it is a good way to know the other side of the story.

No comments: